dreams

dreams

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Whats a Reboot?

 

 

Today I am feeling pretty sprightly. I woke up energized because I finally slept through an entire night! So thankful that I am on the mend. I have a few friends who have messaged me and told me that they are looking into doing the juice fast too. My biggest advice is to do your research first. Watch the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead," first before starting the fast. After watching Joe Cross's documentary go to his website - www.rebootwithjoe.com and check out all the information he provides everyone. I am going to share some of his advice on here but please go check out his website for full details.

WHAT IS A REBOOT & WHY DO IT? -
During a Reboot, you’ll commit to consuming only fruit and vegetable juices for a period of time. 3 days, 5 days, 15 days, 30 days? It’s your choice! The goal is to help you break a cycle of an unhealthy lifestyle and simply enhance the quality of your diet by increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables.
The results? Excess weight starts to pour off, your belly starts to flatten, your skin glows, you start to think more clearly, you start controlling a disease naturally rather than depending on medication, and overall you are a happier, healthier person. When you consume only juice, your system is flooded with an abundance of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that help your body stay strong and vibrant.

WHAT DOES IT DO FOR YOU? - ( www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/why/ )
A Reboot program, followed by a healthy lifestyle helps you:
* Boost the number of fruits and vegetables you consume daily
* Break the cycle of unhealthy eating and crave healthy foods
* Jumpstart a weight loss plan
* Manage a healthy weight
* Lower the risk of life-threatening diseases
* Promote longevity
* Decrease aches and pains in joints and muscles
* Boost your immune system
* Release stored toxins
* Increase energy levels
* Promote beautiful and healthy skin, nails and hair
* Ease digestion by accessing digestive enzymes locked away in whole produce


Other tips that I have found on his website are as follows: (http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/rebooting-faqs/ )
* 80% veggies and 20% fruits
* Most of the plans aim for 1200-1800 calories a day
* Drink juice 4-6 times per day, 16-20 ounces for each juice
* When juicing and storing - store for 24-48 hours in the fridge (72 hours is maximum)
- store it in an airtight container, preferably glass but BPA-Free plastic works too

- you can also freeze it - 7-10 days of freezing

The boys and I are prepping ourselves to do a full 15 day juice fast. When we do begin this I will keep you all updated on how it goes for me. I am super excited to see what happens and I am already happy with the results of drinking the juice now.
This is adventure is awesome and I feel better each and every day (when I am not battling an ear infection of course). I sleep better, I wake up feeling better, I have a better attitude, and my eating habits are changing for the better.



No comments: