dreams

dreams

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

One Step At A Time


For the past few days my cravings have been driving my mind crazy. I can literally tell myself that I am full and that I don't need anymore food.  But my mind keeps telling me that I haven't had enough food and that I need carbs. Last night while reading on my nook and talking to the guys about my cravings, I had a thought spring forth into my ever so swirling brain. Instead of gripping, whining, complaining, etc... I will write about it. I have had a few people ask me to write about my experience going forward, so here I am!

The guys and myself have been juicing for 20 days now. In the beginning I felt like I stepped out of a plane and swirled about with no control. When I finally realized that - 1 you can't just dive into juicing and 2- you need to do a little more research into what I was getting myself & the guys into - I finally felt like I stopped whirling about. Reboot with Joe Cross and his movie "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" on netflix opened my eyes to what I could do to change my life around. I encourage everyone I talk with to watch this movie. You can even watch it online from his website. http://fatsickandnearlydead.com/  His website has so many self helps and a lot of guidance. He provides recipes for juices and food. He also provides exercising guides/plans. When I finally made the committment we ordered his 101 Jucie Recipe Book http://shop.rebootwithjoe.com/products/101-juice-recipes-book and luckily Matt's mom had a juicer that she is letting us use. Most of the recipes that we have tried so far are really great. The biggest battle I faced at the beginning was the ominous "green" juice. What was I getting myself into??? When I took the first sip of the juice we made it truly tasted refreshing and tasted like something I have never had before. The recipe we used that day was the Green Lemonade. Now that we have been doing it for a little while, we have started experimenting with making our own juices. It is fun and rewarding all at the same time.

I don't crave sweets anymore - unless I see them. The only thing that I have truly have been struggling with is wanting those bad carbs. I drive by restuarants and dream about eating their yummy food. I know that isn't very effective in changing the way that I think about the food. I am slowly getting there okay? "Patience is a virtue" and I keep telling myself that. Taking this new adventure one step at a time is the only way that I can get through this rough stage.

No comments: