dreams

dreams

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Important Lessons



Rule # 1 - Never ever ever go to the grocery store hungry!! We made that mistake last night. I almost had a complete melt down in the middle of the walmart grocery center. It took all of my will power to not grab everything off the shelves and put it in my cart. I walked pasted each isle and thought "oh that sounds good" & "would it be worth it to cheat one day"... the answer is NO!! Turn around and Run Away!! Over the years of reading about different diets and you'd think I would remember to prepare myself for the grocery store. We had to go buy fruits and veggies for our juices and a few things for dinner. I can say that it is so much easier sticking to the perimeters of the store when you only need fruits and veggies but when you need eggs at the back of the store - then you have to walk by all the processed sugary yumminess that your brain is screaming for. One point Alen stopped me in the middle of the aisle and said, "I am proud of you and I love you"... just to distract me. Of course my brain wants to retaliate at that comment but in reality it meant the world to me. Alen and Matt have been such a strong source in keeping me away from choosing bad. They have faithfully made the juices or smoothies and have made dinner every night so I am not in the kitchen trying to make anything unhealthy.
The best way that I see fit to keep away from the processed foods is to go to a fresh market or farm stand. We love to go to Yoder's Fresh Market. All (well most) of their fruits and veggies are grown in and around Florida. Their prices on everything is perfect and we always walk out of there spending less that forty dollars.


 
As for exercise, since I know someone is wondering what I am up to. We have been walking every night. Once I lose a little more weight then we are going to try jogging. I have been working on strengthening my lower half since all I do is sit at a desk all day for work. So I will keep you posted as I go on what we decide to start doing. As for now I am taking it one day at a time and walking.
 

 


Rule # 2- Don't weight yourself everyday...you will drive yourself Crazy if you do. The best thing that I have noticed and liked so far is to measure myself every 2-3 weeks. Please I know it can be embarrassing to have someone help you measure but I suggest having someone do the measurements so you can get an accurate measurement each time. I have weighed myself in the beginning and I will weigh myself here and there through this process. I have decided to wait and tell everyone my start weight and let you all know how much I have lost in the end. So it's a mystery!!


 


No comments: