dreams

dreams

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things I am learning


Well I am finally listening to my own advice. I am always telling people to get down and pray about things happening in their lives...and I seldom do it for my own self. I am learning that the only way that I am going to beat my struggles with weight loss is through the help of my Heavenly Father. "I never said it would be easy...I only said it would be worth it." That statement hits me hard every time I read it, because it hits home hard. "Fear of the unknown is often the greatest fear"...and this is the #1 thing that I am struggling with right now. I am truly scared at how my life is going to change when I lose all the weight. I know I shouldn't be because I will be healthy, etc... I guess I am more afraid that my overall attitude in life is going to change. If anyone has advice about this reaction...please write me.
I am on phase three of my new journey and I've lose a total of 7 pounds as of yesterday. Which to me is alot but I want to see results!! I know that I need to be patient because this will take time. I am trying to be more active and that says alot. Lets say, I am more willing to accept the activity when it is being presented. Before I started this journey I didn't want to do anything. My favorite thing so far is snorkeling by the South Jetty. My ultimate goal is to someday be running on the beach every morning or night....but again I need to be patient and work my way there.
"Taking responsibility for our actions is the first step in making positive changes in our lives." This is #2 that I am working on right now. I am currently doing a food journal and I have screwed up alot on what I am "not" suppose to be eating...but I write it down. This is HUGE for me to do. "It's only one time...." so what, if you have that mentality then you are just headed for a crash. So I write down everything and I mean everything- even how I felt when I ate it. Then when I have my weekly meeting with my nutritionist she knows how I felt and then she goes over of why I ate those things. Changing how you eat & think is hard but very rewarding. "We will not succeed if we quit trying. Just because we have failed countless times before is no reason to ever give up!"
"We need to be patient and expect some discouragement and failures along the way." I had to accept that there will be ups and downs to losing weight. Like last week...I gained back 3.1 pounds because I wasn't watching close enough to what I was eating. So during my meeting there were many tears and alot of guilt because I felt like a failure. I am now learning that "Change on the outside has to begin with the change on the inside." I am so tough on my self and I degrade myself way too much. I try to remind myself of this..."We need to keep focusing forward. It may take as much energy to go backwards as it does to keep moving ahead." I need to remember that each day is a new day and it's a chance for me to learn from my past and work on my future.
I will end my little insight for tonight with my favorite scripture from the bible.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
Thanks for all the love and support that I have already received...it really is appreciated.

No comments: